50cc Moped Insurance

Last updated by mustard.co.uk on July 7th, 2020

Alert: Some on the information on this page may no longer be relevant post-Brexit. For the most up to date information, please visit GOV.UK

50cc bikes are very popular in the UK and account for around eight per cent of all two wheelers sold.

That’s a lot of mopeds and scooters and a lot of insurance.

What are 50cc bikes?

50cc bikes generally come in the form of mopeds and scooters.

They’re cheap to buy, have a top speed limited to 30 or 40mph and can be ridden by 16-year-olds as long as they have completed their Compulsory Basic Training (CBT).

That’s also why you normally see them with learner ‘L’ plates strapped to the front and back too.

Is 50cc bike insurance different?

50cc bike insurance is no different to standard motorcycle insurance policies.

If you want Comprehensive, Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party Only cover then you can get it.

If you want optional extras like breakdown cover or personal injury cover, you can get it, likewise a 12-month policy or a short term option.

Basically if you can get it for a large capacity bike, you can get it for a moped or scooter too.

Where can I get 50cc bike insurance?

If you’ve got a 50cc bike that you’re looking to get covered then you’re in the right place.

With mustard.co.uk, you can compare quotes from some of the UK’s leading insurance brokers.

But if you’ve had enough of comparing prices online, you can also compare 50cc insurance quotes over the phone with mustard.co.uk.

Who is mustard?

We are experts in insurance comparison, dedicated to helping you compare quotes online quickly and easily.

We search quotes from some of the UK’s leading insurance providers to help you find the right policy for you at a price to suit your budget.

Don’t just take our word for it, take a look at some of our bike insurance comparison reviews.

Insurance as individual as you are

Compare Motorbike Insurance Quotes